ooooh, they're *new*...

It is amazing how quickly i turn an idea, into a product, for myself, and then some more for sale... it is like a 'compulsion' - i swear, i need help!

I love my PinPots for the individuality and quirkiness... but i wanted a cushion for my pins to go in my new travel sewing basket (see previous blog post to this!) ... as the PinPots were more for my sewing table. I use loads of pins as i am always pinning items together in "anticipation" of sewing, and then leaving them like that for weeks. So, i found some of the sweetest fabrics i had in my stash that seemed to have gone unused for a while or were too small for much else. Then i decided to make a cushion (or 10).
I am so pleased with how they look :)
BUT,,,, that isn't even my favourite bit!
They are stuffed with polystuffing AND gorgeous organic lavender. So even if it sits in my travel basket or in my fabric stash for a while, it is still doing a job. Making everything smell subtley sweet.

I am slowly listing a few of these for sale:
HERE on etsy
HERE on Folksy
and some i am keeping for my next big Craft Market which is the "MaKe" event in Milton Keynes.
Below is the reverse on some cushions, with a lovely cotton flower.
There is a ribbon tag on each cushion as part of my design style but also so you can hang the cushion on your NeedleBook if you want to.
Summersville avenue fabric has worked really well as a little cushion - possibly my favourite.

And photographed with a bits and pieces from my vintage haberdashery and stationary hoarde.

I do apologise if a bore anyone with my endless pincushions and craft talk, but it is my life you see. It is what makes me happiest (after kissing my little girl to bed) x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was just about to log off and go to bed feeling a bit fed up and these have made me smile - you clever fishy. xx

Elderberry-Rob said...

very pretty, the lavender is a lovely idea - these little pillows could go in a bedroom too as an accessory = you would drift off to sleep wafted in lavender!

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Just lovely! I love how you can recognize them as yours with the little ribbon and button.....lovely jubbly.
X

Dotty said...

love the cushions my favourite is the horse x

LPFish said...

:) thankyou! The Dala-ing Horse was sold to the lady in the glasses above! just before she went to bed x x x i have already made 2 more this morning - told you, i get obsessed.

Anonymous said...

i've given you a blog award! pls see my blog for more details... http://missmaisyschatter.blogspot.com/

YarnRoundHook said...

Ooohhhh, now I positively 'need' a dala horse pin cushion! Please tell me you are making some more. Please!

Midsummer Stitches said...

They are really pretty, you can never have to many can you?

Jo Beale said...

These are very cool! Can you tell us where and when the MaKe even is. I would love to go to some of these craft fairs, but I don't know where they are - Help me Crafty Kirsty Fish!

SallyF said...

ooh s'nce! I specially like the horsey one. Remember about posting lavdenar overseas chicky - Pouch is the expert, some places just won't let it thru customs, maybe make some plain too? they are scrummy, nice work captain fish!

Crafty Koala said...

They're so pretty. I spotted them on Folksy the other day, and was very impressed. Like Joannezipan, it would be great if you could let us know more about the MAKE event. I've tried googling it, but haven't got very far. xx

Jo Beale said...

Ah ha, I found the dates, but where is the venue and how do we book in to do stuff?

V for Violet said...

I love your pin cushions - fab fabric!

Just wanted to let you know that you bring sunshine to my blogging life so I'm passing on an award to you. It's waiting on my blog so do pop in and see me

Unknown said...

Cute, Cute! Kx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails