Sweet Scented Fabric goodness...

I have been a busy little Bee...
I spend so many months working on Christmas, that January sees all my creative explosions at once! Spring = newness and i am feeling fresh with ideas. I can put Christmas to one side for a few months and play with my fabric supplies that seem to gradually multiple on the groaning shelves.
These are my latest collection of Sweet scented Pillows. Gorgeous fabrics sewn and stuffed with: Organic lavender & Hops. Both dried flowers are said to promote restfulness and aid sleep.
As always, i started off making one for me and one for the SmallFish... then i wanted to give my Nanna one as she is unwell... then i really wanted to sell a few in a local craft gallery, and so the story escalates.


I love the indulgence of playing with all the fabric patterns and colours and finding a combination that strikes me.
I am mad about Lavender too and i always sleep with a lavender pillow next to my own bed pillows. I find it so comforting and relaxing. Also because this is Organic Lavender - not to be mistaken with nasty chemical lavender 'scent'... which is far from pleasant.

I remember being quite in-love once *sigh* and being given a lovely lavender stuffed cushion on Valentine Day and i thought it was a thoughtful gift and a change from the predictable. Maybe that's why i find these pillows so heart warming.


I have some more, much bigger pieces of the wonderful SUMMERSVILLE fabric in fuscia and in plum. i think it is beautiful and so does everybody else who've seen it so far! The first pillow i sold in the local gallery was a Summersville fabric (she has that magic quality)
I have been using some vintage style lace along the edges and sweet ribbon tags to embellish.

And... if all that sewing and playing, listing and selling, isn't bombus enough for you, i made a large cushion for my TV room - in yummy Teal leaf fabric with a fuscia pink back (and button detail)....

And SmallFish chose THIS fabric below for her own *new* bed cushion. It clashes horribly with her beautiful bedroom - but Mumma made it for her and she loves it :) I appliqued the felt circles to the butterfly wings, to add a bit of interest and also a red pom-pom trim.
If i ever made room in my life for sleep, i would find one of my own Scented pillows sitting and waiting for me.
Stuck for Mothers Day or Valentines? Don't buy these pillows, then i can keep them all for myself and my friends xxx

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! (i do love your pin pots too :) x

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your cushions look beautiful, I love the one you made for small fish.

LPFish said...

aww thanks! i always find the things i like best are my commercial failures - what does that say about my tastes?? x

Jennifer Rose said...

I love smallfish's pillow :D
for some odd reason, I can't stand the smell of lavender, real or fake. makes me sneeze lol

LPFish said...

haha, i know a few people who hate lavender - this smells positively medicinal - glad you are that side of a screen!

Melanie Ann Green said...

these are lovely I especially like the pink print with houses on! and the little taggies! squeeee

TopCat76 said...

oooh what lovliness! could you please tell me the name of the fabric on that last image? I am lusting after it!!

LPFish said...

i have NO idea! i just buy fabrics alll the time and stash them till inspiration, oopps *must take better notes* x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails