In reply to 'chaotic'... and my Thrifty Body Oil...

 In reply to 'chaotic' - helllo!!!
Well, any quality branded running gear will wick away sweat and attempt to get you warm simultaneously.
I am no expert, you understand - but my top tips are:
 - don't run in the cold unless you regularly run / workout anyway coz you might not be fit enough or have muscles that are prepared for the exertion and then you'll hurt yourself.
 - wear layers. I wear my Nike running tights for all year then i might add some 3/4 joggers over the top.
I wear my thin base layer (Helly Hansen) then layer up anything on top. I care not a fig if i look ridiculous.
 - i only run shorter circuits (that pass my car) in the cold so i can dump a layer back at the car if i need to
 - i only do runs of a few miles Max in cold weather, never set off into the countryside on a long one in the cold.
 - Wear a thin hat or a headband with ear covers and some gloves, running and thicker ones. Your hands will DIE running in cold weather.
so that is that :) or just go walking! totally exhilerating!

 Here is another top tip for cold weather.... walking, running, or sitting about:
Rubbing body oil into your skin will help maintain muscle warmth. The friction of rubbing helps stimulate the nerves and the blood circulation... the addition of oil will keep a layer on top of your skin and under your clothing adding a layer of warmth... like rubbing yourself in Whale Fat, like some cultures do.
So... i saw this amazing Clarins Body Oil that smelled DIVINE and was to cost me £36.00 for a tub.
Then i thought "hold your horses crazy lady - you can make a body oil just as good"
So, i went to the Health Store and bought: some Almond Oil (you can even get cheaper oil than this it doesn't matter) and i bought 3 essential oils that i know i love the smell of and that i knew would blend well together - Jasmine, Lav and Orange. cost approx £30.00
I played about filling half an old bottle with oil and then adding drops of essential oils till i had a combination that seemed good.
Voila.... i have been luxuriating in it ever since.
I rub this all over me before i get dressed for running and i rub it all over me at night too.


Then i made a room fragrance: using water / gin / essential oils from the same batch.
AWESOME
i now have 3 bottles of expensive essential oils that will last me for ages.
so, hey, there is a post fullest of Top Tips :)

6 comments:

Betty said...

Taking a walk I can do, yes I can do that. Making the oil - well I would LOVE to try that - what a fabulous idea - I would quite like to smother myself in this invention at night to soften my withered pre-old lady skin and send me off to sleep - thanks for the idea. Betty

LPFish said...

awww, if you know what oils you like it is so easy and very good on the pocket :) i make pillow mist for my daughters bed too xxx

LPFish said...

or do it with a friend and buy 2 oils each and do swapsies....

Chaotic Disastrous said...

Thanks for the tips :) I am not good with oils, although once I got this nice oil from Bali and it's great for skin and relaxing..mmmmmm

Mrs B said...

Looking lovely, lob! Send me a bit of whale fat??! It's arctic out there!! Xxx

قمة الدقة للخدمات said...

شركة قمة الدقة للخدمات المنزلية
المثالية لتنظيف المنازل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف
شركة المثالية للتنظيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة
قمة الدقة

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails