It's like a massive Shopping Spree.... but Thrifty...

 Contrary to how it can seem... i am not 'Big' on the shopping thing.
I like nice stuff and i love a bargain, but my patience for actual shopping, is limited.
This is Bicester Village - Oxfordshire.
A Designer Outlet Village for people who like Designer Clothes...
It is stuffed with overpriced, overdesigned, clothing BUT it can harbour a few Gems.
 The place itself is satisfying scenic, like a Coastal Town on the facade. It has a holiday feel to it.
Even on a wet windy day though, it is packed with people.
 Of course, here is the Jewel in the Crown.
And if i sit in a certain Coffee Shop i can see the store door with a cappucino in hand.
Cath Kidston.
lovely, lovely, lovely - massive discounts on lots of old designs and styles.
Today, they even had an extra 25% the already discounted products!!
 I only bought one small thing, though.
I may love a bargain but i am still fairly thrifty. I don't like to buy stuff just for the sake of parting with my money. The joy of being here and *mooching* was really what i needed for myself on this day.
 Treating myself to time away from the chaos...
 So, i'm not going to show n tell everything i bought BUT
2 Leather bracelets reduced from £59.00 to £4.00 - 1 for me and 1 gifted to my Sister.
 This bargain crazy cotton top / dress thing. £10.00 and worth every penny for it's bright cheeriness.
And i bought 6 giant teacups as i'm desperate for Cereal Bowls!
They are a usefully hewge size and polka dotty....
and were 50% off.
I came to the conclusion today that:
Days off are good.
Bargains are also good, and necessary
Pretty clothes make me happy.

14 comments:

Beki said...

I use giant tea cups for cereal bowls too, love the dress/top!

B xxx

Mrs B said...

*sigh*

I needed that vicarious shop x thankyou x

All you got from me was a vicarious lavender bush ;-)

Unknown said...

My daughter and I have been meaning to go there for ages. All the more reason too now I have seen your bargain teacup/cereal bowls!! Sue x

Anonymous said...

I have shopped there (obviously!) but I have also worked there so I could tell you a lot of stories....!!! glad you had a good shopping day off! Kirsty x

Unknown said...

Were did you buy the cups? I love them!

LPFish said...

Cups = Laura Ashley.
Kirsty = BVillage is all about the facade !!

Angel Jem said...

Thank you! I bought a sandwich and a packet of revels but I really enjoyed dreaming of a shopping expedition and a cappucino.

LPFish said...

hahahhaa x

Ampersand Commodities said...

would you believe it?!! i have the exact same grey dress as you the one you have on in your first picture! i got mine form a charity shop and as soon as i got it home i embroidered little chains of daisies around the pockets.

Jewels By Ine said...

Hi,
I just discovered your blog, I love it!
Greets Ine

LPFish said...

'Us' - it could be the same - mine is Brown tho... from Gap, Moons ago.... i luffs it!

poorrobin said...

I'm currently having kittens over the tea cups. DOTTY!! Wish I'd gone to Bicester Village when I was only 30 minutes away!

LPFish said...

and now Robin, you are truly too far.... i have lots of buttons to list v soon Robin, you may be interested, i don't know....

Julie said...

Oh my, those cups! I adore those cups!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails