Ebay Joy...

Ebay is truly Love / Hate for me...
There are items that take a month to arrive - clothes that aren't what they seemed - furniture not fit for use - dvd's that don't work... (the mistake buys go on and on)

And THEN you find a gem **BLING** >>>>>>> Oh Yummy Yummy 1970's dress.
You can see i had trouble photographing it to it's full effect!
It is much brighter than it seems here and sets off a gentle tan with it's neon pink.
Fits very snuggly (especially after a gentle handwash - i was scared i'd have to sew myself into it after it met warm water)
It is floor length with a sort of fish tail at the back.

£12.00 ebay treasure - i wore it on Saturday night... (and well in to Sunday morning... for which I am still paying the price with a soft head averse to noise) for a "Summer of 1969" party. You know me, i'd wear it for a non-themed event, vintage clothing gives me so much pleasure.

And i had to share with you: ManFish and MotherFish who threw themselves into the idea of a 1970's Festival Theme with such enthusiasm... i don't know where i get my sense of colour and fun from.....?
Colour and Fun!! (remind me to show the photos of us all dressed as the AntHill Mob)
I love sharing my world with you x enjoy the sunshine my friends!

9 comments:

Karin van Dam said...

Oh, I love theme parties! I can see you belong to a colourful family ;-) You all look wonderful!

LPFish said...

My family:
1. any excuse for a party
2. any excuse to open a bottle of champagne
3. any excuse to dress up
:)

Jennifer Rose said...

gorgeous dress and it looks great on you :)

love the picture of your family :D very colourful :)

Mrs B said...

hee hee!! oh I wish to play too! bring on the sun! x

Anonymous said...

You and the dress both look stunningly gorgeous! :-) What a great buy.

menopausalmusing said...

Know what you mean about Ebay. . Love the dress, you carry off beautifully, but most of all, loved that bottom photo. I LOVED the seventies.... (thinking about them brings a quiet smile....).x and how weird is this: the word verification is "iddlysm".

meplusmolly said...

Fab dress on you lady! ahhhh the 'colourful' family....!!!!! ;0
Just to let you know I've awarded you the 'Lemonade' award on my blog too ;0 X

Rhiannon said...

That is one utterly fab looking party :) So much colour is definately a 100% brilliant thing :)
xxx

Lucy Jackson Designs said...

You look great in that dress, i love the colours. that looks like lots of fun!
My buttons arrived today i was so excited, they are great all lovely, the flower ones are gorgeous, and the colours YUMMY! thank you.
A very strange thing happens when i leave comments on your blog the word verification quite often is very close to the word button, how strange is that?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails