"Our House", in the middle of our street...

I love that song by MADNESS - sorry to all those non-Uker's who don't have a clue... But tis a song about an 'average' family in a suburban street going about their 'everyday lives' - i like it. And hhhmmmmm, What's this? New 'house' products KirstyFish? They look suspiciously like items handmade and reatailing by SUMMERSVILLE how dare you??
I dare, because Lucie Summers said i could! I bought her AVENUE fabric in Sky, Red and Apple and i have made gorgeous new NeedleBooks with them. The little Houses lend themselves perfectly to the small round design of the NeedleBook. It is a joy and a privalige to use. Delicate however because the screenprint is onto linen so the fabric needs a gentle touch when it is being 'fiddled' with over and over and over again, as is the nature of making these books.

New Buttons in BigFish "1 inch pairs x10 colourful pairs" - i launced them the same time as the NeedleBooks because of the colour / round / dolly-ness of both items. I think they look yummy together....

OH! I nearly forgot to talk about the 'final' page in the SKY NeedleBooks - the pocket page has a 'secret house' stitched on - it was a last moment inspired addition to the page and i love it. I wish i had done it to all the Books, but i only just 'idea'd' it so, only 'Sky Blue' have this treat x


No matter where you cut Lu's fabric, the design looks awesome and 'works'. Each cut gives a whole new little scene - an 'avenue' / a terrace / a grand house with trees / a cul-de-sac...
AND because i love her work so much I have bought some mini-button badges and i am giving them away FREE with the first 6 Avenue NeedleBooks purchased. I feel like I am mad giving away so much gorgeousness but i have this intense desire to share with the world right now!!! and this is my simple message:
"There are so many talented people out there MAKING wonderful, quality, unique
items with their own hands and hearts - Mass production has no soul. Share your
handmade treasures x"
I didn't mean to write a sermon (whoops) just share some stuff...

4 comments:

bex said...

i dont think thats a sermon at all...i think it was a lovely way to put the truth. the new fabric looks great...i want some!

Rhiannon said...

they're pretty :)
I like the hidden pocket too, its a clever little thing
x

Julie said...

I love them and that fabric is perfect! I hadn't seem her shop before. I'm glad you turned us on to it.

Amy Jay said...

I love love love these needlebooks - oh I am hinting real bad that hubby should treat me to one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails