Meet Pippi....***

No, not me... but my strangely stocking legs seem to be drawing their inspiration from my bird "Pippi" - naturally, named after "Pippi Langstrumpf / longstocking" Today, i have mainly been making Pippi Birds: and here are a pile of Pippi's in their various states of undress...
Some have had a few embroidered stars added. Some are still naked. Some have their feet attatched but many are still handicapped.
I sold a few of these at the weekend and so need to replenish my stock for the upcoming Craft fairs i have.

For many people, Birds = Spring. Not for me. The feltiness and rich embroidery on these make me think of wooly socks and winter nights. They are a pretty adornment / gift anytime of year but i happen to making them now. I don't know if they are going into the internet shops yet...

I like the fact that my work means i can just 'sew what i like' whenever the fancy takes me but... there was a long list of needed jobs that didn't get accomplished today as i felt the desire to make Pippi's.


I have had a doubly relaxing crafty day as i filled these birdies with dried crushed Cloves and dried organic lavender, mmmmm ..... sailing away on a cloud of scent.....
Tweet Tweet x

7 comments:

Mrs B said...

tweetin' gorgeous!!! i love their little puffin-faces! x

meplusmolly said...

Someone really needs to invent sniff -o-vision, I want to smell them! they look v sweet ;0 x

FairlyGirly said...

I think it would be a shame if they don't make it into your shops. I especially like the rose/chocolate one :-)

Pomona said...

I hope they go into your shops, too! They are lovely!

Pomona x

menopausalmusing said...

These lovely birds should be a roaring success for you. They will fly out............. :O)

Bobo Bun said...

I always look forward to popping over to you and having a read. Always something fun, crafty and happy - thanks Kirsty.

Love the Pippi birds and also with Pippi in mind I've got to come up with some long pointy shoes as my littlest Bun is being Pippi Longstocking for world book day. Just look generally mad I think will do and dye her hair red.

Mrs Bun x

SallyF said...

ooh feeshy those birds are gorgeous, I especially love the ones with stars on x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails