Working on SmallFish's New Room...

"Mummy, am I a grown-up now?" ....
"ummmm, sort of darling" (as the Crafty Fish wipes a tear from her eye)
Why do they have to grow??? sigh.... Look at the advantages Mrs Fish:
No more potty training.... Bribes for pocket Money.... decorating the new 'big girls' bedroom!
A satisying mixture of Cath Kidston treats (guilty gulp) IKEA's finest (and cheapest) and the handmade and thrifty that i love so much....
I couldn't resist photographing this precious Noahs Ark sitting in the bookshelf.
Amazing shelving stack, sourced for a song at IKEA - the benefits of owning a big 4x4 truck is that we can ransack the ready made furniture in the 'Bargain Section' and put all 'finds' in the back of the vehicle. This is not possible when shopping at IKEA in a mini...

OOoohhh - those fantastic huge toy tubs - bought for 'pennies' when my sister had her staff discount at GLTC childrens catalogue company.

The pretty, pretty, oh so pretty, Big Girls bed: IKEA, dressed charmingly in Cath Kidston Circus duvet set, IKEA and handmade cushions, thrifted quilt, dog earred soft toys...


Anyone recognise this cushion? My sister found it a few years ago at Covent Garden... or somewhere London-y, on a designer / handmade stall... it has no tag... ?

Thrifted gorgeousness: The vintage double school lift top desk. Apple pot (30p from the tip, yum yum) Owl Pot (also from the local tip) Jar of beads we played with and Dr Seuss - Essential reading....
I am working on the framed pictures of 'Big Girls' handiwork and photos of her favourite family members.
There is a new curtain to hang, and the 'work-in-progress' notice board.
Yes, she is getting bigger, but i can handle it if she continues to be this adorable x

15 comments:

Julie said...

WHat a sweet little room! I am so envious of those polka dot tubs.

LPFish said...

I am so envious of her room! She wanted pink - i had to step in and overrule her ... bad mummy :(

Karen Jinks said...

So cute, they grow up way too fast, mine is 3 going on 13!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

What a beautiful young lady, and a beautiful room too

Your a very lucky mummy....she's a very lucky little lady!

x Alex

louise35flower said...

It looks so beautiful! I love the bed, my daughter (15 next week! gulp) has a black one just like it and it works really well as a sofa full of friends during the day!

bex said...

Wow your little ones room is great!! and the bed!!! i want one! Arthur has a baby sister who is growing soo quick. they say funnier things when they are older tho'!
xx

anji-jane said...

What a beautiful room. Love those polka dot tubs and the bedding/cushions. Feeling quite inspired to finish my little ones nursery now!

Mrs B said...

oooooooh! A little teary arrrrrr! she is just a shiny person! Love her! Love you too mama! What a gorgeous room! I want to sleep there! Can't wait to see you x

Tina Peacock said...

They really do grow quickly! Beautiful big girl's room. Kirsty, thankyou so much for my blue heart brooch. It's arrived now & it's gorgeous! I've been having a difficult time lately & all I have to do is wear it & it cheers me up no end x

LPFish said...

awww molli - hugs x glad it arrived (second time lucky! doh!)

bex said...

hello, i left you an award on my blog

Rhiannon said...

Jealous, that's what I am. I want a room like that, especially with a pretty bed covered in a lovely duvet :D

Tell smallfish being a grown-up is fun at times, but not brilliant when you don't have a mummy around to make you nice dinners and you have to do it yourself!

xxx

Beaky said...

I love that duvet! Lovely room, but I can't believe you didn't let her have pink! I have blogged you.
Bonita x

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous room, I love those old school desks, we used to have those (I was the last lot I think, then they had horrid plastic ones)!

Paint Pots and Petals said...

beautiful room, my two children have just swapped rooms before xmas and wow how grown up they are now - my eldest has black walls! (and a bit of silver which I sneaked it). Love the blog, just read the button story - v. inspiring. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails